AIM OF THE CM OF THE YEAR VOTE
The aim of the competition run on CM Of The Year.com is to find the Online Bingo site with the most popular CM Team as voted by online bingo players. All Online Bingo sites are eligible for the competition regardless of software or ownership. The vote is a non-commercial enterprise and positions on the vote cannot be purchased. Each month a monthly award is given and at the end of the year the annual award is voted upon and announced.
HOW TO VOTE
Voting is open to all Online Bingo players. Players vote at http://www.cmoftheyear.com/votes.asp by selecting their chosen US or UK based Online Bingo game from a drop down menu and naming their favourite chat room manager (CM) from that site. Voters are also free to add a comment to their vote should they wish to.
RULES OF VOTING
- Each voter is allowed to vote only ONCE per month.
- Each voter is allowed to vote for either an individual US or an individual UK Online Bingo site.
- Multiple votes for an individual Online Bingo site are not allowed and this includes voting for each different CM. If a voter casts multiple votes for a particular site only one vote is counted.
- If a voter cannot decide which CM at a site to nominate they can just vote for the whole team.
- Voters must provide a valid email address to be able to vote.
- All fraudulent entries identified are disqualified.
- At the management's discretion, multiple votes cast from a single IP address may be counted as one vote.
- Votes can only be counted for a CM that is currently employed at the Online Bingo site voted for.
- CM Of The Year.com reserve the right to remove any Online Bingo game, or CM, from the competition for any reason. We take the fairness of the CM Of The Month competition very seriously indeed.
- Voters agree to the CMoftheYear site's Terms and Conditions.
Sites may promote the vote to their players in whatever manner they chose, subject to the approval of the management of CMoftheYear.com. Mentioning the award in chat rooms and newsletters is allowed.
The following activities are NOT allowed;
- Free bingo bucks in exchange for votes
- Free games in exchange for votes
- Free games in exchange for positions on the final vote
- Any other financial or material inducement designed to encourage voting
- Any other activity that can be construed as overly inducing players to vote
Any site found to be attempting to cheat the vote will be removed from the award.
- Weekly Vote
Once a week the votes are counted up for each Online Bingo site's CM team. This list is then published on a Wednesday on the Update page (http://www.cmoftheyear.com/update.html). To clarify, the update at week 1 ranks sites by the votes cast for its CM Team during week 1. The update at week 2 ranks the sites by the votes cast during both weeks 1 and 2. And so on.
- Update Ranking
The Bingo sites on the update are ranked according to the cumulative total number of votes cast for each site for the month so far. ie Position on the table is determined by votes cast for each Online Bingo site not the individual CM. The CM name that appears on the Update page is the CM who has the highest score within the CM team of that Online Bingo site - this could easily change from week to week. To explain further; for example, CM 'A' may have the most votes within a particular team at the end of week 1, but by the end of week 2 this may be CM 'B'. At the end of the month CM 'C' may well have the highest score within that team.
- CM Pictures
The pictures that appear on the update page are the CMs with the highest individual votes cast within each of the top ranked Online Bingo sites.
- Changes in CM teams
Should a CM leave a team during the month, the votes cast for that CM remain with the Online Bingo site. If that CM was the one with the highest vote within the team, the CM with the next highest vote count within that team is then the name displayed for that Online Bingo site.
- End of the Month Result
At the end of the month, the cumulative total number of votes cast for each site for the month is counted. This count determines the final positions for the month on the vote. The site with the most votes is then awarded the title CM of the Month and an award icon is displayed by the Online Bingo game on their site. Within the winning site's votes, the CM with the most votes is displayed on our Hall of Fame page (http://www.cmoftheyear.com/hall.html).
The vote form also allows the player to make comments about their chosen CM. A few of these comments are randomly picked each month and published, you can see an example of this at http://www.cmoftheyear.com/comments-pages/latestcomments.html
- CM details
We endeavour to keep details of Online Bingo sites and their CMs up to date. However it is each site's responsibility to ensure that their details are correct. We are not responsible for any incorrect information regarding CMs or the teams that they work for unless we are specifically told.
- CM pictures
We publish pictures of CMs in good faith. We cannot be held responsible should any picture supplied not be the correct picture of the CM in question.
The shortlist for sites for the annual 'CM of the Year' award is made up of those sites that, throughout the year, have cumulatively polled the most votes. Site visitors may only vote once in the annual award.
ABOUT CM OF THE YEAR
CM of the Year (http://www.cmoftheyear.com) is a site that recognises, rewards and rejoices in the efforts of those people who manage online bingo chat rooms. The site started following Which Bingo's award at the end of 2001 to find the CM of the Year. The vote was so popular that, at players' request, this stand-alone site was launched.
CM Of The Year.com also publishes a regular newsletter specifically for the Online Bingo CM community.
CM Of The Year.com is a sister site of WhichBingo (http://www.whichbingo.com). CM Of The Year.com is owned by a UK company and is totally independent. It is not owned by any Online Bingo sites.
Should you require any further information please feel free to contact us here.